Granola is something that everybody seems to love. Sweet, crunchy goodness and the perfect topping for EVERYTHING. What if I told you how easy it is to make your own (and how much better it tastes than the store bought kind)? Yep, it’s true. Quite a shocker.
And the best part? You can totally customize it to your liking. The sky is the limit!
I decided to go with the spring vibes and came up with this Lemon Coconut Granola and I’m o b s e s s e d.
It’s super easy to make and it tastes uh-mazing. So good that I would happily eat it for breakfast everyday for the rest of my life.
1 can coconut milk
3/4 cup coconut sugar
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup quick oats
3 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1/2 cup coconut chips
A few drops lemon oil (or grated lemon zest)
1. Heat the coconut milk and coconut sugar in a pot and let it dissolve while constantly stirring. Take of the heat when completely liquid and combined.
2. Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a big bowl and add the coconut-mixture.
3. Combine well and spread onto the baking tray
TIP: You may have to bake two batches separately, so everything get’s crispy evenly!
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden and crunchy.
5. Let cool completely.
I love to eat the granola by itself as a snack or for breakfast with almond milk, a smoothie bowl or coconut yogurt.
What is your favorite way to eat granola? Any amazing flavor-combinations I’m missing out on?