My obsession with pancakes is real. Aren’t they just the best breakfast food?
Fun fact: I actually only started eating them regularly when I committed to a healthy lifestyle – which is funny, because pancakes aren’t usually considered a health food at all.
It doesn’t have to be unhealthy either though! I played around with lots of ingredients until I was left with a recipe for the best gluten-free and vegan pancakes.
I look forward to making (and eating) these every time! It mainly happens on Sundays though, when I have a bit more time on my hands to enjoy a long and extensive breakfast. And I love to whip some up whenever we have guests over, too (and they appreciate it very much)!
The basic pancake recipe on its own is already awesome, but if you want to step up the game: add in some fruit! Want even more deliciousness? Throw on a bunch of amazing toppings.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup (gluten-free) oats
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 cups plant based milk
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla
- optional: a handful of raspberries or other fruit
What to do:
- Blend everything except the berries in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for approximately 5 minutes, so it can thicken.
- Take 1/4 cup of the batter at a time and cook the pancakes on medium heat ‚(optional: add the berries in now) – flip when you see bubbles popping up.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings. I like coconut yogurt, peanut butter, maple syrup, dark chocolate and more raspberries. Mmmm!
*use some oil, like coconut oil, for frying if your pan is not non-stick